Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Prairie Hills USD 113


Ajax Loading Image


Instructions for Obtaining a Kansas Emergency Substitute License

Requirements:    1.  60 semester credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university

                              2.  Complete on-line application

                              3.  Fee of $60.00

                              4.  Have official transcripts from your college

                              5.  Submit fingerprints


You can get a fingerprint card from the BOE office.  Local police department can do the fingerprints. There is a $50.00 fee


www.KSDE.org is the website for filling out the application.

               Click on Teaching and Learning (left side tab), License applications. It gives all the instructions and types of licenses.  Emergency Substitute License is form 8.  Click on Review requirements and access form.


Once you have filled out the application and submitted all necessary forms, the state will process your license, but they do not mail it out to you.  You will need to go to the same website (www.KSDE.org) under Teaching and Learning and click on License Look up.  From there enter your last name and SS#. The next screen will give you your license status and when it’s finished you can print it from there.


Once you have your license, bring it to the BOE office and we will give you employee papers to fill out. We will also add your name to the list of substitute teachers along with your contact information and preferences.  It will be the buildings that will call you for substituting.


Employee checks are deposited on the 8th day of the month following the month you worked.